This program provides the necessary skills to grant the student entry into the Security Guard profession and provides the foundation necessary to pass the National Exam and obtain their “D” License.
Division of Licensing Requires:
- Each applicant must complete a (42) forty-hour course from a certified licensed facility. Training must include all core curriculum’s and compliance under Florida Statutes 493 and legal guidelines 5N-1.
- The applicant must be 18 years or older.
- The applicant cannot have prior disqualifying criminal history.
- The applicant must provide a full set of fingerprints.
- The applicant must legally be able to work in the U.S.
- The applicant must sign a personal inquiry waiver to allow the department to conduct background checks.
The Security “D” Course will teach students the basic principles of security including; physical security, access control, terrorism awareness and emergency procedures. Skill development shall include report writing, interviewing techniques, crime and accident prevention.
This course includes:
- State Application
- Notarization for Application
- Fingerprint Card
- State Exams
Students must register prior to the class start date to reserve a desk for there upcoming course.