The goal of this Basic Handgun Course is to provide a practical introduction to the semi-automatic handgun through the explanation of handgun nomenclature, operation, and fundamental shooting skills. Students will learn safe firearm handling techniques and develop their skills using training firearms before moving to the shooting range for a live-fire exercise. The rental of a pistol, range fees, safety gear, and 50 rounds of ammunition are included in the price of the course. If you would like to train with your own firearm, please contact the instructor.
- You must bring a driver’s license or other forms of government photo ID
- If your appt is for our Concealed Carry Permit course, the class is a little over 2 hours long and you must be at least 21 years old to apply for the permit (if under 21, you can still take the course – but can’t apply for the permit with the State until you turn 21).
- You must show up on time. If your appt is for our Concealed Carry Permit course, if you’re more than ten minutes late, you won’t be allowed in the class and will have to pay a $15 rescheduling fee. If you need to reschedule, you must give 48 hours’ notice via email by replying to this email address or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid the $15 rescheduling fee.
- This Class will take place at S.F.T.R.U located in 3421 Davie Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- You must give at least a $50 deposit to reserve your spot.
Unsafe Student Ejection Policy:
We have a PERFECT safety record – and we plan to keep it that way. We reserve the right to ask anyone not observing the safety rules, not displaying the appropriate attitude, or under the influence of controlled substances to leave the classroom and/or range with no refund. Our student’s safety is our top concern – and this policy has been put in place to protect you.
Liability Waiver and Prohibitive Persons: Students will be required to fill out a liability waiver and sign a statement certifying they are the following:
- ARE over 18 years of age (if under 18, a legal guardian must sign the waiver and register and attend the course alongside minor)
- ARE a United States citizen or Permanent Legal Resident (Green Card)
- Are NOT a convicted felon that has not been annulled or pardoned
- Are NOT under indictment in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
- Are NOT a fugitive from justice
- Are NOT using or are addicted to any unlawful controlled substances
- Are NOT adjudicated as a mental defective or have been committed to any mental institution.
- Are NOT under a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening somebody
- Have NOT have been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions
- Have NOT renounced their United States citizenship
- Have NOT been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
This course is 100% beginner-friendly – even if you have never handled a firearm before. You do not need to own a gun to take this course.
For more information, contact us at (786) 438-4428.